Why compete in a pageant – especially if you never have before?
How does this help to grow you personally and professionally?
Here’s my take on the benefits of competing in a pageant:
1. Boosts Self-Confidence: Participating in a pageant helps to build self–confidence as you learn to present yourself in a confident and poised way and accept constructive criticism. This is a great way to focus on building the areas you want to strengthen.
2. Builds Public Speaking Skills: As a contestant, you have to present your views and thoughts on various topics in front of an audience. This helps to develop your public speaking skills and getting comfortable sharing your thoughts and passions on stage.
3. Encourages Goal Setting: Competing in a pageant encourages you to set goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them. For me personally, when I set out to achieve a goal, I stop at nothing until it is achieved. I’m always learning something new about myself and it challenges you to be resourceful in new ways.
4. Enhances Leadership Skills: Being part of a pageant helps you to develop leadership skills such as decision–making, problem–solving, and communication. All of these skills are imperative in business and you get to strengthen them as you compete.
5. Builds Networking + Friendships: As a contestant, you have the opportunity to meet and network with other women in the pageant from all over the world! You will meet some of your new best friends in the matter of days. Be prepared to make lasting friendships that will last a lifetime.
6. Business Building Opportunities: Competing in a pageant can create valuable media exposure for a business, which can attract potential customers and investors. It can also help to build relationships with other businesses and potential partners, leading to more opportunities. Competing in a pageant can help to build a strong personal brand. This can help to differentiate you from your competitors and increase brand recognition.
7. Community: Finally, pageants can help businesses to build relationships with the community. By participating in pageants, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to the community and their willingness to support local causes. This can help businesses to gain trust and to build relationships with the community while expanding their own reach and gaining more visibility to help others.
Competing in pageants can be a great way for you to grow personally and professionally. By gaining exposure, increasing your customer base, refining your strategies, networking, and building relationships with the community, you can benefit greatly from participating in pageants and all of the wonderful benefits that come along with the experience.
Want to learn more about competing in a pageant?
Check out: https://www.sandraglandt.com/pageant