Ok, so imagine brownies, no wait, imagine cupcakes- NOPE, how about BROWNIE CUPCAKES! I mean these guilt- free brownie/ cupcakes are to die for when that sweet tooth hits and you want a sweet treat you can rely on! No exotic ingredients, all REAL FOODS, which your body knows how to break down, process and USE! And it gets even better, there is even a peanut butter frosting that I will add in here for you to whip up for on top of these baby’s if you want a little added sweetness!
Want to know the “key” err, secret ingredient in these “flourless” munchkins? Instead of processed white flour which has a high glycemic load and can spike your blood sugar, I used chickpeas as a binder. The bonus? Chickpeas are rich in protein, fiber, and iron. So these brownies taste like a decadent treat and they’re packed with nutrition!! Come and try these for yourself, I guarantee these will be your new favorite snack!
Other superfood ingredients in this recipe you ask? Cacao, pure maple syrup and coconut oil! All packed with AMAZING benefits for you and your body!
Benefits of Cacao: Nearly four times the antioxidant power of regular dark chocolate, and contains protein, calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin and magnesium.
Benefits of Pure Maple Syrup: Provides sweetness and polyphenols, nature’s antioxidants, that protect your cells from damage.
Benefits of Coconut Oil: (I mean I can’t RAVE enough about coconut oil and all it’s uses/ benefits): The saturated fats are made up of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which may help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
So now let’s get to it!
Flourless Brownie Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
⅓ cup + ¼ cup pure maple syrup, divided use OR honey
⅓ cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
⅔ cup Vanilla Shakeology
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, ⅓ cup maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
6. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!
8. To make frosting while cupcakes are baking, whip peanut butter in a medium bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy.
9. Add almond milk; beat until well blended.
10. Add Shakeology; beat until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
11. Slowly add remaining ¼ cup maple syrup while beating on medium speed. (If frosting is too stiff, add 1 to 2 tbsp. additional almond milk.) Set aside.
12. Once cupcakes are cool, evenly spread with frosting.
So you can thank me after you try these baby’s for how much you will LOVE THEM! I promise, this will be the new fam favorite after you make the first batch! After you make these, comment below and let me know how much you LOVED them! Whether you make the peanut butter frosting with this or not, these brownie muffins are a HIT!